You will be part of the Technical Services team in The Hague and report direct to the manager of the technical maintenance contract. The unit ensures a reliable, safe, healthy and sustainable working environment for all EPO staff.
You will check the services provided by the main contractor in line with the EPO-internal corporate contract process to ensure quality from work preparation to execution, including documentation and invoicing. You will be the technical expert in the field of mechanical installations and need to ensure compliance with defined processes and procedures.
Your main responsibilities
- Managing the external contractor for preventive and corrective maintenance of all the mechanical installations on the EPO's premises in The Hague:
• Ensuring the contractor's services are in line with the law, guidelines and defined standards (processes, methods and work instructions)
• Systematically performing random checks and contributing to the service provider's continual improvement
• Applying the contract management methodology (tool-based)
• Contributing to the approval of the annual maintenance plan
• Managing small-scale work performed by contractors
• Creating equipment ratings in line with internal regulations and Dutch codes
• Co-ordinating and internally communicating service requests
• Checking and approving quotations, bidding forms, goods delivered, deliverables, invoices and reports
• Ensuring compliant and comprehensive technical documentation
• Supporting measures to ensure harmonisation and standardisation between the EPO's sites in Munich and The Hague
• Co-ordinating troubleshooting together with external service providers and internal experts
• Using the CAFM preventive maintenance tool and on-demand ticket system, which will be the main tools you use in your daily work
- Supporting projects:
• Working with internal and external project managers to develop, execute and finalise work packages
• Participating in Technical Services The Hague's internal on-call service
What we expect from you
- Five or more years of experience in the field of technical maintenance
- Sound knowledge of CAFM software (Archibus)
- Good understanding of building management systems
- Ability to work according to defined processes and workflows
- Knowledge of Dutch
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance tools and documentation
- Proactive support for the EPO's work to digitise its buildings
- Completed secondary education or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Working knowledge of two of the EPO's official languages
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
Please apply via the "Meer informatie" button.
It is intended to hold the interviews in the 2nd trimester 2020, in The Hague.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary range depends on experience.